The GSA undertakes appropriate research and analysis on the transport and logistics sector to influence policy and legislative issues affecting shippers’ interest. The findings of most of the studies are readily made available to shippers and government or private agencies for planning and policy making purposes. Some of the studies that have been conducted include:
- Cargo dwell time at Ghana’s ports;
- Causes of high payments of demurrage and rent and regular collection and analysis of data on demurrage payments;
- Customs cargo clearance procedures and its cost implications on shippers;
- Effects of Terminal Handling procedures and its implications on cost of doing business;
- Annual gathering of data on non-tariff barriers affecting Ghana’s transit corridor.